Meticulous, intuitive Senior Vice President with over eighteen years’ experience in Private Banking and Retail Management throughout the Los Angeles Metropolitan Area and San Francisco Bay Area. Unparalleled ability to recruit, mentor, and develop committed officers and senior-level directors as well as establish mutually beneficial long-term relationships with clients, board members, and centers of influence. Track record for revitalizing stagnant branches and growing assets and liabilities by as much as $80M.
Looking to re-enter financial services industry after a brief foray into commercial and residential real estate
consulting for high-end clients in the Western and Midwestern United States. Career overview to follow:
Tamalpais Bank: Grew assets $54M and liabilities $84M in a 12-year period.
20xx-20xx Within six months promoted to Retail Banking, overseeing 50% of bank’s retail banking & business banking personnel including hiring and supervising ten VPs; elected as Chief Security Officer to handle risk management; served as member of the loan committee review board targeting premium clients; installed incentive programs and client-tracking systems.
Wells Fargo: Grew private client deposits $80M and loans $48M.
20xx-20xx Serviced bank’s highest net worth individuals ($5M+ assets); member of Circle of Excellence for two consecutive years; regarded as top-ranked business development officer in San Francisco region after just six months on the job.
Citigroup Managed Los Angeles Metropolitan Region with $825M in assets.
19xx-20xx Transformed non-performing region (110 branches) to number one position for three years; managed bank’s second largest branch statewide; launched de novo branch, established companywide integrated marketing program.
JD Design, LLC (Commercial & Residential Brokerage Firm) 20xx-20xx
Managing Partner / Consultant 20xx-20xx
Leveraged corporate lending experience in private/business banking and retail management to provide residential & commercial real estate consulting and construction management services to California-and Connecticut-based high-end clientele. Interfaced daily with lenders, brokers, and government regulators across 4 long-term projects.
• Assisted CEO and CFO of leading retailer, Long Tresses, Inc., with relocating company headquarters from Hartford, Connecticut to downtown San Francisco. Completed relocation in under six months (1/3 of budgeted time) by securing 18-month lease for 10,000 sqft space on extremely favorable terms. Sourced and communicated with real estate broker, and coordinated build out of four functional departments.
• Facilitated relocation of six New England executives to Fairfield county in eight months, on $10M budget. • Represented Monterrey home owners on both sides of a 1031 exchange, on a $3M budget. Liquidated three multi-unit residential and commercial properties in order to fund purchasing of ten-acre Carmel parcel with single-family residence. Project-managed contractors, designers, construction team, and architect. Interfaced with city and county officials for permits, rezoning, sanitation, and fire codes. • Served as property manager and design consultant for $1M remodeling of actor’s Hollywood estate. Directed contractors, architect, and city and county agents and selected building materials and finishings.
|Tamalpais Bank ||20xx-20xx |
|Senior Vice President / Director of Retail Banking (promotion) ||20xx-20xx |
|Senior Vice President / Business Banking Manager ||20xx |
Enhanced all aspects of retail banking and business banking for this seven-branch $500M North Bay bank which IPO’d in 2000. Within a 12-month period grew assets $54M and liabilities $84M through superior strategic planning, executive recruiting, business development initiatives, and operations control. As a direct report to the President and CEO, I managed 10 VPs responsible for half of the bank’s 85 personnel.
• Through aggressive, targeted recruiting, increased VP pool to seven seasoned business relationship managers, four of whom are credentialed with MBAs.
• Designed variable incentive plans for all retail banking job families to boost front-line associates’ productivity level and morale. Implemented Act! contact management system to track sales efforts, enabling top-down reporting to monitor budget vs. actual on a quarterly basis.
• Appointed by board of directors to Chief Security Officer position to provide risk analysis/management including rollout of risk training program in collaboration with SVP Operations. Placed in charge of day-to-day oversight of operational transactions within authority guidelines.
• Established companywide goals and expectations in conjunction with senior management team, skillfully tying production objectives into P&L in and around Loans and Deposits responsibilities.
• As a member of the Bank Loan Committee, reviewed credit requests between $4M and $10M. Met on monthly and ad-hoc basis with President, Chief Credit Officer, and a board member to establish loan policies, review risk exposure, develop front-line lending products, and monitor portfolio.
* Left position in 2006 due to relocation to New Canaan, Connecticut.
Wells Fargo Bank, The Private Bank
Vice President / Private Client Advisor II (Promotion) 20xx-20xx Vice President / Private Banker 20xx-20xx
Within one year, grew portfolio of private clients from $65M to $145M in deposits and from $27M to $75M in loans, quickly becoming top producer in the company and earning an immediate promotion. As Private Client Advisor, provided financial services to high net worth individuals with a minimum of $5M in liquid assets.
• Earned membership to esteemed “Circle of Excellence” for two consecutive years, gaining recognition as a top producer out of 120 candidates.
• Managed client relationships from sourcing to close, leveraging profiling-based approach with a wealth planning and investment consulting orientation to meet clients’ needs in the areas of investment portfolio management, wealth management, private banking, trust, estate planning, and insurance.
• Served as the ‘go to’ person on all client-related issues for trust officers, investment managers, wealth management specialists, mortgage bankers, financial consultants, and private banking professionals. • Identified single-household relationships in order to cross-sell into a cross-functional core banking platform. Planned and executed sales and marketing presentations, attacking lucrative market segments. • Acted as regional liaison between Private Banking Regional Office and Store Private Banking Program.
Citigroup (Formerly California Federal Bank & Glendale Federal Bank) 19xx-20xx
Vice President / Financial Center Manager 20xx Vice President / Regional Business Banking Manager (Promotion) 19xx-20xx Vice President / Branch Manager Beverly Hills & Century City (Promotion) 19xx Vice President / Branch Manager Beverly Hills Main (Promotion) 19xx
Launched North Bay de novo branch, exceeding all expectations within a year’s ramp-up time and earning full
responsibility for California Federal’s 2nd-largest branch (Beverly Hills Main) within a 135-branch network.
Following a second promotion to Regional Manager one year later, took charge of sales and marketing activities for 110 branches and 60 employees, directly managing 12 business banking officers across 4 counties: Los Angeles, Ventura, San Gabriel, and San Bernardino. Managed Los Angeles main flagship office, the 2nd-largest branch in Citigroup’s western region, with assets and liabilities upwards of $450M.
• Transformed non-performing region of 110 branches to the top-performing region for three consecutive years by recruiting talented, trainable officers, building detailed strategic plan, enhancing retention practices, and implementing tracking metrics. Managed $825M in total assets.
• Recruited, trained, and mentored top-ranked business banking officers across four counties to generate and retain lucrative lending and depository relationships within the business banking division. • Brought junior officers with no lending experience up to speed on credit analysis, credit structure, and credit pricing, establishing loyal, respected allies in the field within six months.
• Leveraged bank and finance training at Wells Fargo and RMA to coach new recruits on business development efforts with retail clients valued at $1M to $10M. Subsequently, one of my mentees became number one producing business development officer for Citigroup North America for 3 consecutive years.
• Retained during major acquisition to execute California Federal’s business and marketing plan within the Small Business Banking group. Established automated outbound marketing campaign integrated with Dunn & Bradstreet that was eventually rolled out companywide.
• Rectified declining branch which failed its 1995 internal audit, cleaning up infrastructure, boosting morale, and curbing turnover in under 12 months.
Chase Manhattan Bank 19xx
|Second Vice President / Relationship Manager ||19xx |
|Wells Fargo Bank ||19xx-19xx |
|Assistant Vice President / Branch Manager (Promotion) ||19xx-19xx |
|Business Banking Officer ||19xx-19xx |
EDUCATION & INDUSTRY TRAINING
Bachelor of Arts, Duke University, Durham, NC
Training: Le Blanc Universitie: International Exchange Studies, 1987; Wells Fargo: Fundamentals of Banking, 1989; Markell Telemarketing: Telemarketing Skills & Sales Management, 1999; RMA Credit Training: Financial Accounting, Cash Flow Analysis, Financial Statements Analysis, Advanced Credit, Financial Analysis, 1998-1999
Licenses: State of California: Real Estate Sales License, 2005-Current; California Department of Insurance: Life Disability and Health, 2001-2006; Securities Exchange Commission (SEC): Series 24, 7, 63, & 66, 2000-2006