-------------- Clinical Research Coordinator Sample Resume (text-only) --------------
Highly talented and accomplished Clinical Research Coordinator
with extensive skills and experience
SUMMARY OF QUALIFICATIONS
Over 12 years of experience as Clinical Research Coordinator. Proven ability to manage multiple studies simultaneously, from inception to completion. Superior writing skills, able to prepare proposals, consent forms, reports, submissions, and public relations articles. Thorough understanding of hospital Internal Review Board regulations. Adept at maintaining compliance with hospital and federal standards. Ability to liaison with surgical staff, as well as with representatives from pharmaceutical companies, equipment manufacturers, and academic institutions. Excellent communication and organizational skills.
PROFESSIONAL BACKGROUND Eye Institute – University of California, Los Angeles, CA 1990 – Present
Clinical Research Coordinator (1990 – Present)
- Coordinate clinical trials for Retinal Division with surgical staff, major pharmaceutical companies, surgical device manufacturers, and academic institutions. Communicate closely with representatives from Pfizer, Novartis, Covance, Johns Hopkins Medical School, and other research partners.
- Manage multiple studies simultaneously, frequently two to three per year, with individual studies averaging four to five years. Coordinate studies from inception to completion.
- Author informed patient consent forms for clinical trials, in accordance with Internal Review Board (IRB) standards. Monitor studies to ensure continued compliance with federal, IRB, and OSHA regulations. Author IRB clinical trial submission forms.
- Interview and recruit patients for studies, following protocols established jointly by surgical staff and project sponsors. Maintain all patient files.
- Responsible for drug accountability for each study. Communicate closely with hospital pharmaceutical service, and ensure adherence to all pharmacy and sponsor protocols.
- Maintain extensive patient contact, via telephone and written correspondence. Monitor patients to track follow-up visits, record any adverse effects, and compile participant opinions on study in general.
- Collect data from patient examinations, prepare medical records for sponsor’s clinical report forms.
Retinal Fellowship Program Coordinator (1992 – Present)
- Concurrently hold fellowship program coordinator’s position. Manage all aspects of post-graduate fellowship program for Retina Division.
- Correspond with potential applicants to communicate requirements for applying for retinal fellowships.
- Prepare and maintain applicant files. Work closely with applicants to ensure all required information submitted on time, and is accurate and complete.
- Track progress of each applicant, communicating with Chief of Retinal Department on regular basis.
Institute International (C.I.I.), Los Angeles, CA 1987 – 1990
- Assisted Program Director and served as Office Manager for team of psychologists and social workers.
- Edited, reviewed, and prepared court reports, patient progress reports, and correspondence.
- Authored and distributed information to public regarding C.I.I.’s programs.
B.S. in Organizational Communication / Broadcast Journalism, University of Nebraska at Omaha Extensive course work in Communications Management, University of Southern California
Ophthalmic Assistant Training, Jules Stein Eye Institute
Windows, Word, Excel, Access, email, Internet