-------------- Automotive Dealership Owner Sample Resume (text-only) --------------
Dealership Operations ~ Corporate Officer ~ Automotive Executive Management
More than 20 years of Automotive Dealership Ownership and Management experience. Proven ability to establish and direct successful automotive business operations. Consistent record of increasing revenue and profitability. Adept at recruiting and training effective sales and management teams. Frequently recognized by manufacturers, industry associations, and community groups for Outstanding Sales, Service, and Satisfaction. Able to oversee all aspects of dealership operations, including finance, sales, marketing, and accounting. Familiar with formulating and implementing business and operational strategies, policies, and procedures. History of achieving manufacturer certifications in sales and service. Outstanding leadership, negotiation, customer service, and communication skills.
PROFESSIONAL EXPERIENCE Lincoln Mercury Nissan Saab, City, IN 1988 – Present
- Purchased existing Lincoln Mercury Saab dealership from dealer development corporation, and grew from deficit of $1 million to profit of $125,000 in first year.
- Oversaw all operations and finances, including sales, budgets, accounting, P&L, forecasting, compliance, safety, service, and marketing. Provided final approval of all vehicle sales.
- Carried out complete business re-organization. Hired and trained new sales staff and management team, revised or implemented new policies and procedures.
- Achieved profitability 15 out of 16 years, exceeding $25 million in annual sales. Increased staff from 32 to more than 46 to meet business growth.
- Established new showrooms and new service write-up area. Paved and renovated used car area.
- Added Nissan and Hyundai lines in 1989 and 1990, respectively, later dropping Hyundai to meet new Lincoln Mercury requirements.
- Dramatically improved customer service operations, introducing policies such as having each customer greeted by a salesperson, filling out customer information worksheets, and ensuring sales team follows up with previous and potential customers.
- Implemented new payment plans, improved marketing and advertising. Increased penetration of local market by emphasizing television spots.
- Instituted improved training for sales staff and use of customer satisfaction surveys.
- Selected Accomplishments
- Consistently maintained superior ratings for sales and service, based on surveys.
- Achieved and maintained position as Lincoln Premium Experience and Mercury Advantage Certified for Customer Satisfaction and Image.
- 2003 Lincoln Mercury Parts and Service Division Award for Most Improvement in Service and Sales.
- 2002 Nissan Award of Excellence for Outstanding Sales and Customer Satisfaction.
- 1997 Nissan President’s Circle Award for Customer Satisfaction.
- Earned Lincoln Mercury’s Award for Top Market Share for Ford Lincoln Mercury Dealers for region.
- Recognized for Support of, and Participation in, Ford Motor Company’s Minority Training Program.
Pontiac Toyota Honda Yugo, City, IL 1972 – 1985
General Manager (1983 – 1985)
- Oversaw daily operations of $20 million automobile dealership, including, hiring, training, and termination, expense control, check signing, sales, service, and financial approval of all sales.
- Produced revenue increases each year through improved service, sales training, and business plans.
- Simultaneously held position of Used Car Manager.
- Promoted through positions of Used Car Sales, New Car Sales, and Used Car Manager.
EDUCATION AND TRAINING
Completed Ford Motor Dealer Candidate training (1986 – 1988) Course work in Criminal Psychology and General Business, Trinidad State College, Trinidad, CO
LICENSES AND CERTIFICATIONS
Indiana Insurance Sales License (1998 – Present)
National Automobile Dealers Association (NADA) National Association of Minority Automobile Dealers Ford Motor Minority Dealers Association American International Automobile Dealers Association (AIADA) Indiana Automobile Dealers Association South Bend / Mishawaka New Car Dealers Association
Life Member, NAACP Member, Operation PUSH Member, Past Board Member, South Bend Better Business Bureau Member, Past Board Member, St. Joseph’s Chamber of Commerce Member, Past Board Member, Minority Women and Business Development Council
Word processing, Adobe Acrobat, proprietary inventory and sales software, email, Internet
ADDITIONAL AWARDS AND RECOGNITION
Recipient of five Black Enterprise Recognition Awards as One of Nation’s Top 100 Minority-owned Businesses (1991, 1995, 1996, 1997, 1998). Recognized as Number One Profitable Private Capital Dealer by the Black Ford and Lincoln Mercury Dealers Association (1989 and 1990). Earned Entrepreneur of the Year, 1993, from the Greater St. Joseph’s County Minority Business and Development Council.